Cat 1 Vibration Certification New York May 2 – 5, 2023 CTC
$2,295.00Sold By: Zenco
The Category 1 vibration course is intended for those who are new to machinery vibration analysis. It is appropriate for people who are involved in vibration analysis as well as for those who wish to gain awareness of the technology. Whether you are or will be collecting and analyzing data, managing people who collect vibration data or simply want to understand what vibration is all about, this course is for you!
This course meets and exceeds the requirements for ISO 18436-2. The course duration is 3 days with an optional 2 hour multiple choice certification exam on Day 4.
DETAILED LIST OF CAT 1 VIBRATION COURSE TOPICS
- Reactive maintenance
- Run to Failure maintenance
- Preventive (calendar based) maintenance
- Predictive (condition based) maintenance
- RCM / FMECA
- P-F Interval
- Key performance indicators
- Overall equipment effectiveness (OEE)
- Proactive (reliability centered) maintenance
- What causes machines to fail?
- Using criticality analysis and FMECA to define condition monitoring program
Condition monitoring technologies: Acoustic emission (ultrasound)
- What is ultrasound?
- How is ultrasound measured? (airborne, structure-borne)
- What can you find with ultrasound?
- How to detect air and steam leaks
- Acoustic emission and electrical faults
- Acoustic emission and bearing lubrication
- How can it be used to detect bearing faults?
- How does it compare to vibration analysis?
Infrared (IR) Thermography
- What is thermography?
- Detecting faults in mechanical and electrical equipment
- Emissivity. Accuracy of the measurements
- How can measurements be misinterpreted?
- Key qualities of thermal imaging cameras
Used oil analysis
- Common tests: viscosity, cleanliness, particle count etc
- Collecting good samples
Wear particle analysis (Ferrography)
- How is it different from used oil analysis?
- What mechanical faults can you find?
Electric Motor testing
- Motor current signature analysis (MCSA)
- Electrical signal analysis (ESA)
- Motor circuit analysis (MCA)
- Vibration analysis of motors (introduction)
Principles of vibration
- Introduction to vibration/ Overview
- What is it? How is it measured? What can it find?
- Amplitude: RMS, peak and peak-peak
- Frequency Hz, CPM, Orders
- Phase: What is it? How is it measured? What is it used for?
- Units of vibration (displacement, velocity, acceleration)
- ISO RMS overalls and alarms
- Complex vibration, Time waveform
- Introduction to the vibration spectrum and FFT
- Benefits of the spectrum
- Forcing frequencies introduction
- Orders and order normalization
- Calculating forcing frequencies, relating vibration to machine components
- Intro to resonance
- How is vibration measured?
- Sensor types: Proximity probes, velocity probe, accelerometer, MEMs sensors, wireless sensors
- Where to take readings on the machine and why it matters
- Mounting the accelerometer
- Dealing with difficult situations
- Test point naming conventions
- Vibration routes: Downloading and following routes
- Field observations and defect detection
- Recognizing bad data (and getting good data)
- How does your analyzer work?
- What are the common settings you need to be aware of?
- Fmax, lines of resolution (LOR), Averaging, ICP power etc.
- Importance of test configuration
- How to analyze vibration spectra
- Data presentation
- Intro to trending and alarms
- Diagnosing common machine faults
- Unbalance, Misalignment, Looseness, Rolling element bearing wear, Electric motor faults, Pumps, fans and compressor faults, Belts and gearbox faults etc.
- ISO standards for setting alarms; use and limitations
- Mask Alarms, Band alarms etc.
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTOR — THE VIBE GURU
Alan is the author of Audit It! Improve it: Getting The Most From Your Vibration Analysis Program which looks at condition monitoring from a program management perspective. The book takes you step by step through an easy to understand process of auditing and improving your vibration monitoring program to make sure it not only gives you the financial benefits you deserve but also to ensure it is in compliance with ISO standards and industry best practices. Chock full of tips and tricks and easy to understand worksheets to get you started, this book is a must read for anyone involved in maintenance or condition monitoring. Buy it on Amazon.com
Cat 1 Vibration Certification May 2 – 5, 2023 with the vibe guru himself, Alan Friedman. The course is being hosted by CTC in Victor, NY
The course is three full 8 hour days with an optional review session and certification exam (2 hours, 60 multiple choice questions, 70% to pass) on day 4. Certification is in accordance with ISO 18436-2
The price includes a printed course slide book 3/ page color, a certificate of completion or a certification in PDF format and the exam. Certification is done in accordance with ISO 18436-2. Ample practice questions and review will help prepare you for the exam.
Anyone may take the course and exam and it will be acknowledged that you have taken the course and passed the exam. If you would like to be certified you will need 6 months work experience. If you don’t have the experience yet, just let us know when you have this experience and we will send you your certificate.
Learn more about the course: https://zencovibrations.com/cat-1-vibration/
About Certification: https://zencovibrations.com/about-certification/
Please contact us at [email protected] if you have any difficulty purchasing or if you prefer to pay by purchase order. Cancellation Policy 1. If you cannot attend, you may switch to another course, virtual or in person. If the new course costs more, you will have to pay the difference. If it is less expensive you will not receive a rebate. Your course credit may be used by another individual in your organization. 2. You will be charged $300 for cancelling and asking for a refund 21 days or more in advance of the course. 3. You will be charged half the course price if you cancel and ask for a refund within 21 days of the course. 4. It rarely happens, but if we need to cancel the course, you will either be offered a virtual course during the same week, a seat in another course or your money back in full.