Category 3 Vibration Oct 7-11, 2024 Envibe
The vibration analysis training course is 4 eight hour days of training with Alan Friedman, followed by an optional review session and 4 hour exam on day 5.
The price includes a printed course manual, a certificate of completion or a certification in PDF format, practice questions with detailed answers and the exam. Certification is done in accordance with ISO 18436-2.
ISO 18436-2 Live Instructor Led Vibration Category III Course With Certification. The course is conducted by Alan Friedman. All are welcome to attend. The course is sponsored by EnVibe. You can contact them at [email protected] or purchase from them online at: https://envibe.com/class/cat-2-vibration-analysis-certification-houston-tx-10-2023/
Anyone may take the course and exam and it will be acknowledged that you have taken the course and passed the exam. If you would like to be certified you will need 12 months work experience. Just let us know when you have this experience and we will send you your certificate.
Learn more about certification: https://zencovibrations.com/about-certification/
Please contact [email protected] if you have any difficulty purchasing or if you prefer to pay by purchase order.
- be able to design, direct and establish routine condition monitoring programs and non-routine investigations for the purpose of fault diagnosis;
- be able to specify the appropriate vibration instrumentation hardware, software, and processing for portable monitoring systems, permanently installed surveillance systems, and equipment protection systems
- have an in-depth knowledge of the principles and techniques of machinery VA and be able to make initial diagnoses of suspected faults beyond the range of commonly encountered issues. This should include, but not be limited to, the use of frequency spectra, time waveforms and orbits, transfer functions, basic operating deflection shapes, and acceleration enveloping under both steady state and transient conditions with or without a phase trigger;
- be able to manage such condition-monitoring programs, evaluate the alarm sets, write working procedures and specify vibration acceptance testing procedures;
- be able to initiate and validate machinery corrective actions including in situ two-plane rigid rotor balancing;
- be able to recommend restrictions to machine operation;
- be able to understand and direct, when necessary, alternative condition monitoring technologies to verify or investigate issues raised through routine data collection;
- be able to provide technical guidance to and instruct category I and II personnel, and, subject to agreement with the employer or client, deem them competent to carry out certain duties which would normally be outside the scope of those competencies.
DETAILED TOPICS LIST
|Cat 3 Meets or exceeds ISO 18436-2 Running a Monitoring Program ISO Standards Managing Condition Monitoring KPI’s Reliability IIoT, Industry 4.0 Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence Condition Monitoring Technologies Electric Motor Testing IR Thermography Ultrasound Lube Oil Analysis Wear Particle Analysis Vibration systems, wireless sensors, MEMs, CM architecture, remote monitoring Signal Processing Signal processing block diagram Filters A/D Conversion Sampling and Aliasing Dynamic Range Windows Averaging FFT Triggering Order Tracking Phase Analysis Measuring Phase True and Relative Phase Phase and Units High Spot and Heavy Spot Common faults with 1x phase (unbalance, misalignment, looseness, bent shaft, cocked bearing, eccentricity etc) Keyphasors™
|Natural Frequencies and Resonance Damped and Undamped Nat. Frequencies SDOF and MDOF systems in detail Bode and Nyquist plots Bump tests High spot and heavy spot Unbalance response Structural Testing Operational Deflection Shapes (ODS) Motion Amplification Bump tests Modal Analysis / FEA FRF, Transmissibility, Isolation Dealing with Resonance Various approaches Fault Detection Rolling element bearings Gears Journal Bearings (Orbits, centerline diagrams and transient analysis) Other common machinery malfunctions Corrective Action Alignment + Tolerances Balancing (vectors, trial weights, 1 and 2 plane balancing) No phase balancing Balance standards Safety Acceptance Testing Test procedures Standards Standards, Alarms and Reporting ISO, IEC, API etc. Advanced alarms and diagnostics Fault severity determination Trending Acting on reports
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTOR — THE VIBE GURUAlan Friedman, Founder and CEO of Zenco—Vibration Experts, is an ISO-18436-2 Category IV Certified Vibration Analyst, CRL and CRMP with over 30+ years of experience in machinery condition monitoring and Vibration Analysis Training. Alan is the author of Audit It! Improve it: Getting The Most From Your Vibration Analysis Program which looks at condition monitoring from a program management perspective. The book takes you step by step through an easy to understand process of auditing and improving your vibration monitoring program to make sure it not only gives you the financial benefits you deserve but also to ensure it is in compliance with ISO standards and industry best practices. Chock full of tips and tricks and easy to understand worksheets to get you started, this book is a must read for anyone involved in maintenance or condition monitoring. Buy it on Amazon.com
After your purchase you will be sent a link to fill out a short registration form that will ask you your contact information and work history. You will then be fully registered for the course. You must have completed Cat 2 to take this course and exam. If you pass the exam, you will receive a certificate stating that you passed. If you have 18 months or more of work experience, you will receive a certification. If not, simply let us know when you have 18 months experience and we will send you your certification.
The vibration analysis training course is 4 eight hour days of training conducted via Zoom or similar with Alan Friedman, followed by an optional review session and 4 hour web-based exam on day 5.
The price includes the course manual in PDF, a certificate of completion or a certification in PDF format, practice questions with detailed answers and the exam. Certification is done in accordance with ISO 18436-2.
Please contact us at [email protected] if you have any difficulty purchasing or if you prefer to pay by purchase order.